HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
I know... I'm a few days late - I'm sorry! 2013 is already shaping up to be a busy and crazy year, but an great one too!
But before I go on and on about the future, I want to take a look back on 2012 -- the year my writing career truly began! And man oh man what a year it has been!
2012 At A Glace:
- Ignite got a new cover and became free!
- Simmer was published and had an amazing month-long blog tour!
- Blaze was put on-sale alongside an amazing giveaway that connected me to a ton of new blogging friends!
- Scorch got a title, cover and first chapter reveal!
2012 By The Numbers:
- Ignite sold over 50,000 copies!!!!!
- Simmer rolled in just under 15,000!
- Blaze settled at just under 10,000!
[quick pause while I freak out...]
Smashwords is still compiling their 2012 year-end numbers, but I'll hopefully have them soon! So far, Apple and Barnes & Noble have about 5000 sales each.
Seriously, I never dreamed that in one year I would go from having just under 1000 copies of Ignite out in the world, to having thousands of copies of three different titles sold. It is truly just unbelievable!
But more so, I never in a million years thought I would ever connect with so many people. A year ago, I had maybe 20 followers on Facebook (99% of which were my family and friends). Now, I'm about to go over 850 Facebook fans, which in itself blows my mind. And even more incredible, are the posts, emails, tweets and reviews from all of you! There is really nothing more amazing than hearing that someone loved my book, is anxiously awaiting the next installment, or stayed up all night because they just couldn't put it down!
I feel so blessed to have so many devoted and amazing readers, and that is really the best thing that happened to me this year. So, cheers to 2012--a year that I will certainly never forget!!
Oh, and one more thing happened this year in case you missed it -- I made a fool of myself in a promo video! Please watch it and spread the word... and try not to tease my dance moves too much :)
Now onto 2013!!
I'm all about goals and resolutions, so I thought I would share what I have so far!
1) End the Midnight Fire Series with a BANG and publish Scorch!!! (Don't worry! It's not the last you'll see of this world--I have some prequel ideas and even some ideas with new and old characters!)
2) Make paperbacks available! (I am so excited for this!! There will definitely be signed copy giveaways involved!)
3) Start my new series! (I have an idea I am REALLY excited to pursue!! I'll share more details when the time nears! Until then it's Scorch, Scorch, Scorch!!)
And now, the mega-crazy, in-my-wildest-dreams, would-pass-out-if-this-happened wish list!
1) Hit a bestseller list
2) Get in-store placement
3) 500,000 free downloads of Ignite (holy moly that is a huge number... breathe...just breathe...)
4) Host a book-signing where I can actually meet all of my awesome readers!!!
Okay... time to come down out of crazy land! But hey, everyone has got to have dreams right?
Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who has read my books and taken a chance on me!!
I can't wait to see what 2013 holds!