I know you guys have probably been reading a million of these end of year wrap-ups...so I don't want to deprive you of one more :) But really, I just love taking a look back at the end of the year to see what amazing things have happened and to say goodbye with a bang!
And 2015 was an AMAZING year!!
First and foremost, before I get to any professional highlights, I have to say 2015 will go down as one of the best years of my life for the simple and amazing fact that I got to marry my best friend in front of our families and closest friends!
Truly the most wonderful and magical weekend I've ever experienced!
Okay, okay...now on to the author stuff :) And trust me, there is plenty of that too!
2015 was sort of a whirlwind year! I started two new series, ended another, published under a new pen name, got some amazing publicity highlights, and met a ton of new fans!
So...here's my TOP FIVE Author Moments for 2015!
1) Gathering Frost was selected as a "Must-Read Romance" by the USA Today Happy Ever After blog! I have to say, this was just amazing! Never in a million years did I think I would ever get featured in USA Today and I was so ecstatic when they reached out to me!
2) Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist! was a top 200 bestseller in the Amazon paid store and I achieved a top 100 Amazon Author Rank in the contemporary romance genre! I'm not sure if I've ever had a paid book get so high in the Amazon ranking and it was just a pretty cool marker to reach -- especially with my new pen name, which I'm still in the process of launching!
3) I closed the A Dance of Dragons series with a bang! Let's see, 2015 was a huge year for this series! I published two new novellas from Leena's perspective and the final full-length novel, The Phoenix Born! I bundled the entire series into a discounted holiday package! I revamped and redesigned the covers for the novellas (and I have to admit I'm loving the new look!). AND the A Dance of Dragons: Series Starter Bundle was a top 5 bestseller in the Amazon free store!
4) I launched two new series and a new pen name! I'm so excited that 2015 brought two new series into fruition that I can continue to work on for the next few years! Saying goodbye to old characters is so much easier when I have new ones to look forward to writing about :) Gathering Frost is the first book in my Once Upon A Curse series and Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist! is not only the first book in my Confessions series but is also the first book written as Kay Marie, my new contemporary romance pen name!
5) I published my books in the Google Play store! I had been looking into Google Play for a while but had read some good and bad things, so I hesitated. But this year I decided to take the plunge and it has been fantastic!! New fans, new sales, and all around awesome results :)
So that's a little highlight reel for the year!
See what I mean? Amazing!!
I've also read some fantastic books by other authors, and I love sharing my love of reading with all of you! So I thought this year I would also add something new to my year-end review...
My TOP FIVE Reads of 2015!
1) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover is a goddess! Two of her books made my top five for the year because they were just that good! I stay up the entire night to finish this book and absolutely fell in love!
2) Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Ditto to everything I said above -- amazing characters, quick pacing, mysterious and intriguing plot! I will probably read anything this woman writes!
3) Penryn & The End of Days by Susan Ee
I totally devoured this series!! Even though the end was a little underwhelming, I absolutely adored these books and characters!
4) An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Okay, technically I read this is 2014 but it came out this year and I needed to mention it! YA Fantasy at its best! Compulsively readable and I am so excited the sequel was announced -- can't wait!
5) Maybe In Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
I have to say, this one took me by surprise! I wasn't sure what to expect, but I couldn't put this book down and loved the exploration of the difference a single choice might make.
That's all folks!! See you in 2016 :)
HAVE AN AMAZING TIME CELEBRATING TONIGHT!!!