If you saw my post yesterday, I highlighted some of the most exciting things that happened in 2015!
So, it's only fitting to now take a look ahead at 2016 :) I'm pretty sure it's going to be a great year, and I already have a ton of super exciting projects to work on and some pretty amazing surprises for all of you!!
Without further ado...
My Top Five Author Resolutions for 2016!
1) Publish Withering Rose, the second book in the Once Upon A Curse series!! I am SO excited about this book! I've been outlining and planning, and I can't wait to start writing these amazing characters! Beauty & The Beast has always been one of my favorite Disney movies and I am beyond excited to write my own version of the story :) I'm hoping to publish this one in April! And it will come with a few little surprises I'll be revealing later on...
2) Publish Confessions of an Undercover Girlfriend!, the second book in the Confessions series!! Okay, I will be the first to admit, I sort of ended the first book in this series with a cliffhanger...sorry! But you'll see why when you get the second book! I have so many more laughs, awkward moments, and romantic interludes for Skye and Ollie, and I can't wait to share the next chapter of their story with you! For all of the fans of my new pen name who have been asking, I'm hoping to have this one out over the summer -- July/August!
3) Celebrate the FIVE year anniversary of Ignite :) WHAT?! I know! I couldn't believe it either, but yes, it has been FIVE whole years since Ignite first went on sale and my crazy journey as an author began! I have SO MANY surprises in store for all of the fans of this series and I CANNOT wait until the fall to start releasing some exciting news!! But until then...you'll just have to wait :) Te he he -- secrets, secrets are no fun, unless you are the author and can tease your fans with them!
4) Publish audio books! I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but since I have never been a huge fan of audio books I always forget that there are so many people out there who are! A few of my author friends have found huge success and a ton of new fans through audio books, so I'm determined to try them out this year, starting with my Midnight Fire series!
5) Author Signings and Live Events! This one has been on my to do list for a while, because, come on, it sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! I would love to meet some of you amazing fans in person and to chat with you and sign books for you, and I've wanted to do this for years! This has been one of my resolutions for a while, but this year, I'm going to make it happen!
Okay, that's it, the top five of what I hope is to come for 2016!
Like I said, it is going to be a GREAT year!!
Lots more books, lots more amazing characters, lots more fun :)
But I'm not only an author, I'm also a reader and a fan of other authors, so I thought I would close this post with another top five...
The Top Five Books On My To-Read List for 2016!
1) Remembrance (Mediator #7) by Meg Cabot
Sue and Jesse are back AND getting married?!?!?!? OMFG!!!! That about explains my excitement level for this book :) If you've never read The Mediator series, GO DO IT NOW! One of my favorites!
2) The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn #6) by Brandon Sanderson
Mistborn is one of my favorite fantasy series EVER and I can't wait for the next installment to come out! They used to be considered adult fantasy I believe, but recently got rebranded with YA covers, so anyone who likes fantasy (adult or YA) will LOVE these books! Incredibly imaginative, fabulous world building, mind blowing OMG moments, and of course totally lovable characters!
3) Even If The Sky Falls by Mia Garcia
So excited for this one because the author is one of my close friends!!! I can't wait to read her debut, and to be honest, even if I didn't know her this book sounds freaking amazing!! New Orleans, Mardi Gras, Hurricanes -- bring on the romance and drama!
So, I read Throne of Glass before and I never got that into it, which really surprised me because it just sounds like everything Sarah J Maas writes should be something I love, so I'm giving her books a second chance! When they were on sale, I bought the entire Throne of Glass series and I also bought ACOTAR, and I'm diving in full force!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to love all of them and that my first read was a strange fluke!
5) Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
I don't know much about this book other than I've been seeing it everywhere and it looks amazing!! I'm excited to try out a new author and a brand new series!
And a few others on my Kindle that I'm excited to read :)
What are your top five books for 2016? Hopefully one or two of mine :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!